- » Mittleider Gardening Certification Training "Boot Camp" - April 3-8, 2017
You save $450.00 (60%)!
One week of unique professional hands-on Certification Training by Jim Kennard & the Preparedness University Staff!
Now you can receive professional on-site person-to-person CERTIFICATION TRAINING in the amazing Mittleider Method of family gardening, taught by Jim Kennard!
Mr. Kennard was mentored personally by the world-renowned Dr. Jacob R. Mittleider for over 27 years, and worked with Dr. Mittleider on several humanitarian projects in the USA and other countries.
There’s nothing else like this anywhere! Â The Certification TrainingÂ includes full room and board for a week (sleeping accommodations are semi-private dorms), it’s comprehensive and fast-paced – and previous students say it is very enjoyable and highly rewarding.
The Certification Training will be on the Food For Everyone Foundation’s Preparedness University campus, located in Kidder, Missouri 64649, about 60 miles NE of the Kansas City International Airport – right in the center of the country – and will begin at 8:00 A.M. Monday morning and run through mid-afternoon Saturday. Â Arrive Sunday evening so you do not miss anything!
Immerse yourself inÂ 6 days of professional instruction and hands-on training by Jim Kennard, David Gillmore & the Preparedness University Staff on The Mittleider System of highly productive “Best of Organic” and “Poor Man’s Hydroponic” sustainable family gardening principles and procedures, while rubbing shoulders and getting your hands dirty with other highly motivated Mittleider gardeners from all around the country!
This is your opportunity to becomeÂ aÂ Certified Mittleider Gardener, or even a Certified Master Mittleider Gardener , so you can feed your own family and assistÂ others to do the same. Â After payment is made on this page, fill outÂ the Registration Form at http://growfood.com/837/registration-for-gardening-training-boot-camp/Â ThenÂ do a copy and paste into an email message and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Classroom & Garden Activities:
- Garden Planning & Preparation (Old school using paper and pencil or high tech using satellite imagery for free, itâ€™s not what you think.)
- Seedling Production (How to turn that black thumb green and stop killing seedlings.)
- Understanding Soils (Dirt isnâ€™t just dirt. What you really need to know.)
- Growing in Any Soil, in Any Climate (How and why you donâ€™t need to do anything different if you know this secret.)
- Bonus session: Grow year-round using Geo-Air, and building small or large greenhouses – in our own NEW Geo Thermal Greenhouse!
- Creating a Mittleider Garden (How and why to REALLY create a productive garden.)
- Growing in Containers or Grow-Boxes (Like growing above ground? Youâ€™ll love this session.)
- Planting & Transplanting (Master this and youâ€™ll never go hungry.)
- Watering & Weeding (Made easy!)
- Feeding â€“ Plant Nutrition (How to source, measure and mix all the nutrients yourself to make your own natural mineral nutrient mix.)
- Growing Vertically (Grow tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, squash and other plants vertically? Yes you can and why you should.)
- Pruning & Caring for Plants (Almost every gardener gets this wrong. Understand how to really prune properly and see your garden explode with food.)
- Protecting Plants from Weather & Bugs (Got a bug eating your garden? We will share solutions that will stop them in their tracks.)
- Beating the Competition (How to keep deer, moles, raccoons, skunks, voles, bears, etc. and kids from destroying your garden.)
- Mini-Greenhouses or Low Tunnels (How to extend your gardening season by 3 months!)
- Planting seeds for seedling production (Super successful soil mixture, proper plant varieties, hands on practice.)
- Transplanting seedlings in seedling production (We talked about it in class now you get to do it live and see how your seedlings grow through the week.)
- Drilling PVC pipe for watering systems (Learn how to prepare your watering pipes super fast and easy.)
- Installing automated Watering system (You donâ€™t need to be a plumber to learn how to install your own watering system either above or below ground.)
- Making flats for seedling production (Struggling to find all the materials and tools to make this at home? Â Make as many as you want and take them with you.)
- Making markers for seedling production and garden planting (Make your own garden marker or one for a friend.)
- Building T-Frames (With the right tools this takes just minutes to make. Youâ€™ll learn how to do this accurately and quickly.)
- Building In-The-Garden Greenhouse (Donâ€™t need a big greenhouse but want to extend your growing? Youâ€™ll learn how doing this.)
There is only so much you can learn from a book or from the internet. The subjects, activities and workshops are all taught by Jim Kennard and David Gillmore. Ask all the gardening questions you want and get personal input and advice all week long.
- Dates & Times:
- April 3-8 from 8 A.M. to 6 P.M.
- 961 East 5th Street, Kidder, MO 64649